This job might no longer be available.
Media Relations Intern (Spring 2021)
24 days ago
Los Angeles’ premier mobile games studio, Jam City is seeking a Media Relations intern to join its fast-growing communications team right here in the heart of the entertainment industry for Spring 2021 program. A unique opportunity to join an award-winning gaming company, this is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious individual eager to break into the mobile gaming space. Jam City is the creator of leading games like; Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Disney Frozen Adventures, Disney Emoji Blitz and Cookie Jam. This position is exclusively dedicated to media relations and press outreach support.
You will report directly to the Manager, Public Relations and VP of Global Communications serving the company’s executive team. The position includes an opportunity to service major gaming industry trade shows, as well as other fast-paced, news-driving opportunities. Our Spring 2021 internship program will be entirely remote.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Supporting in-house public relations team with researching media contacts, updating database contact information, maintaining existing / building new relationships, and competitive media monitoring of industry competitors.
- In-depth media research for coverage opportunities
- Editorial calendar research and deadlines database creation / maintenance and reporting Trade show support for major gaming industry conference, including booking press appointments
- Serving as liaison between media and Jam City communications team / executives, providing short game demonstrations, advance and follow-up outreach as needed.
- Creative brainstorming idea development in line with company’s key corporate, product and technology-driven objectives.
- Monitoring competitive and industry analysis.
- Playing mobile games!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college program in the U.S. during the Spring 2021 semester (February 1 - April 9)
- Be able to work on a part-time basis (up to 20 hours per week)
- Exemplary writing skills.
- Interest in games, pop culture, public relations, and the entertainment industry.
- Flexible working style to accommodate a start-up environment.
- *Please attach your resume in PDF format. Please also include your favorite mobile or social game and current major in school in the cover letter.
About Jam City’s Internship Program:
Jam City’s Spring 2021 Digital Internship Program will take place from February 1 - April 9, 2021 and will be entirely remote. Students can expect a paid, part-time (10 - 20 hours per week) internship working alongside Jam City’s business and studio development teams. Within internships, students gain valuable insights into our products, players, and industry. Our program allows students to work on impactful projects, collaborate with industry professionals, and develop problem solving skills through real hands on experiences. We’re looking for students that bring curiosity, creativity, and an interest in mobile games.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.