Media Buying Specialist, Search (User Acquisition)
18 days ago
GSN Games, the leading developer in mobile and social games, is seeking a Media Buying Specialist, Search User Acquisition with a passion for optimizing publishing of world-class mobile games to join our casual games studio based in Palo Alto and San Francisco.
About the GSN Casual Games Studio:
Our studio consists of a talented group of game artists, designers, engineers, product people and marketers who craft industry-leading mobile games providing very high quality experiences. This studio is the home of Solitaire Tripeaks by GSN, the #1 revenue solitaire game on mobile that has quickly grown into one of the top grossing games on both iOS and Android.
What You’ll Do:
As a valued member in the Puzzle Studio’s Marketing/UA group, your goal (and success) will be to take our mobile games to millions of passionate gamers around the world, working closely with the UA and Product teams to manage and scale our ad campaigns on Apple Search, Google, ad networks and new effective channels. If you are fun and energetic, and enjoy using your analytical mind for critical thinking, you will love working at GSN Games!
Our ideal candidate has some intensive, hands-on experience doing user acquisition at volume, with experience at an agency - or even better, a game company - but now you’re looking to use your experience on a top 50 game, really building success on success. You know how to use your instincts to get to the best jumping-off point, but you’ve learned to embrace data that tells you what’s *really* effective.
- Work directly with advertising partners to run performance marketing campaigns
- Establish relationships with new advertising partners and test new traffic sources
- Investigate market trends and provide actionable recommendations to the team
- Analyze the results of acquisition cohorts and perform optimizations to reach our goal KPI’s
- Designing and executing tests to maximize partner delivery
- Leading initiatives cross functionally, collaborating with other teams
- Presenting results to the studio and management
- Working closely with creative team to provide feedback and suggestions for tailored creatives
- Self starter with 1 - 2 years experience working with Search and Display channels in a a mobile direct response advertising campaign
- 1+ years of experience with ASO and analyzing large data sets
- Able to push advertising partners to execute on the behalf of the company
- Able to dissect KPI’s and establish benchmarks through data
- Strong understanding of SQL and data tables, able to mine SQL data and pull together data needed from multiple sources
- Have a working knowledge of user acquisition funnel and partners needed to track every step of the way
- Knowledgeable about Kochava or other large MMP
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate results
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Tableau or other data visualization
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline a plus (mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics)