This job might no longer be available.
Matte Painter [Unannounced Project]
19 days ago
We’re looking for a Matte Painter for our Unannounced project.
Our Matte Painters work closely with the Realization Director to understand the Art Direction of the cinematic. You will create detailed matte painted elements, using projections and illustrations that are to be used to create believable environments and shots. Using your understanding of perspective, lighting and color to produce work that fits with the style of the project. You will also be collaborating with other departments such as Environment, Cinematics to get the best results from your work.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating detailed matte painted elements, using projections and illustrations that are to be used to create believable environments and shots.
- Using your understanding of perspective, lighting and color to produce work that fits with the style of the project.
You as a person
You have the ability to be a clear communicator and we believe you to be a team player that are a keenness for collaboration. You are a problem solver and want to develop new skills and techniques and apply to the projects in the making. To meet production deadlines you are organized, pro-active and a self-starter.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio/demo reels of your projects
- Artistic background in painting
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of digital environments
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and color
- Ability to combine 2D & 3D elements in Maya and projections in Nuke
- Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.