Mathematician - Game Design
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleMathematician - Game Design
SummaryWe are looking for a mathematician, computer scientist, ideally with Game Design experience, in land-based or online gaming with a strong passion for the development of games. This individual would work closely with Game Design and plays a key role in verifying the mathematical accuracy of design calculations, and in contributing to the overall mathematical design of a game, while leading the charge in tools development and design theory that justifies the math behind the scenes.
What you'll do
- Conduct mathematical analysis of new and existing games.
- Write computer programs for the development and analysis of games.
- Verify the mathematical accuracy and aid Game Design in the development of game concepts and documentation.
- Work with others to develop game prototypes and tools
- Use the mathematical tools and calculation to help guide Game Design decisions
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- BA or BS in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Programming experience in C++, C#, or an equivalent language required
- Must be able to Obtain Gaming License
- A strong understanding of probability and its application to games of chance
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets required
- Ground-up Design/Math creation required
- Prototyping with Unity experience a plus
- Python or equivalent scripting language (file manipulation) a plus
- 2-3+ years designing casino games, creating simulations and paytables for Class-II, Class-III, and/or Online Gaming
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.