15 days ago
Unity is seeking an expert, passionate, and most of all; dedicated Materials Artist to join our team of Content Creators. The successful candidate will author materials using synthesis, photometry, and photogrammetry pipelines as we seek to create the highest fidelity assets for our libraries. This exciting role will offer opportunities to travel and visit real-world locations. If you're comfortable collaborating with art directors, look-dev, and other materials artists to produce seamless, flawless, believable environments then we encourage your application!
What you’ll be doing
- Building on your years of experience as a materials artist you will be crafting tileable PBR materials to the highest visual and technical standards
- You will collaborate closely with other key members of the Content Team to plan and deliver materials for forthcoming internal and external projects
- Dust off that passport! As you will help plan and taking part in scanning trips to capture real-world content for yourself
What we're looking for
- We are seeking someone with proven experience in authoring sophisticated realtime materials to a photographic standard
- Experience creating PBR materials for video games, virtual production or other realtime applications
- Familiarity with photogrammetry and other photographic capture techniques as part of a complete materials pipeline
- In-depth working knowledge of digital content creation and authoring tools such as Substance, Art Engine, Zbrush, Blender, etc.
You might also have
- Proficient knowledge of photography, lighting, and post-production effects
- Experience working with real-time game engines such as Unity, Unreal or proprietary technologies
- Experience with procedural modeling tools such as Houdini or Blender nodes
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.