Material Artist [collab w/ Massive Studio]
9 days ago
As Texture / Material Artist at Ubisoft Bucharest, you will be working on one of our unannounced AAA games, developed on our latest technology, the Snowdrop engine, a collaboration with Massive Entertainment - our Malmo studio.
If you have strong texture art abilities, an in depth knowledge of Quixel suite, Substance Suite, Adobe Photoshop and a good knowledge of different gaming editors this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise.
You will take part in the materials creation for different parts of the environment collaborating with team members to achieve high quality gaming experiences and optimal performance.
Your main mission:
- Produce high quality materials/textures using Quixel or Substance Suite.
- Oversee and integrate material library.
- Collaborate with environment artists to maintain consistent process
and visual quality.
- Research new techniques to create more efficient and visually
- Use existing materials and textures library efficiently in order to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Work with technical artist to develop material sets
The professional value you bring:
- Experience in AAA game development as material artist;
- Industry-standard knowledge in creating detailed realistic textures and materials;
- Very Good knowledge of Substance, Quixel suite, Photoshop, Zbrush ( sculpting);
- Familiarity with node based game engines;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions;
- Ability to follow concept art and/or reference images;
- Proficiency working with a wide range of graphical styles with minimal concept and direction;
- Able to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
The personal value you bring:
- You are a collaborator with good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude;
- Ability to facilitate information, knowledge and expertise sharing;
- You are creative and resourceful, with high standards;
- Curiosity and openness to new ideas & experiences;
- Have a good knowledge of English.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The Production Team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.