Material Artist [Star Wars Project]
9 days ago
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Texture / Material Artist at Massive you'll work closely with art direction and our technical teams to create textures and materials that populate our game universe and directly impact the overall look and feel. You’ll collaborate with a multi-disciplined task force of game developers at " One of the best studios in the world " Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating high-quality textures/materials using Substance Painter & Designer;
- Working with Technical Artists to develop advanced shaders, optimizing assets, creating efficient tile-able textures, Smart Materials in Substance Designer, as well as communicating challenges with Leads and technical departments.
- Overseeing and developing a material library;
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of material pipelines;
- Collaborating with partner studios to maintain consistent processes and visual quality;
- Researching new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
You have excellent texture art capabilities, and ideally an extensive knowledge of gaming systems. You're able to manage and organize your own workflow in order to meet deadlines. You’re a great communicator in English (our company language), which also allows you to collaborate with various stakeholders, and drive ideas forward, from concept to implementation.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio is required, which must include examples of Textures and Materials;
- Proven work experience in game development and credit on at least 1 major title as a Texture / Material Artist, or a directly related role e.g. Environment Artist;
- Expert skills in Substance Designer & Painter;
- Strong modeling skills in 3DS Max or Maya;
- Familiarity with node-based game engines like Unity, Unreal, or Snowdrop;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions;
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.