Material Artist - Contract
6 days ago
Playground Games is looking for a Material Artist to join our Forza Horizon team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are looking to expand our diverse team as we continue driving forward our BAFTA award-winning Forza Horizon franchise,
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Material Artist, you will be working with the Environment Art team to deliver materials and textures for use throughout the game world. You will be responsible for creating consistently high-quality environment materials and raising the bar for content in our game. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
Our ideal candidate is a highly skilled material artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled in texturing, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with leads, seniors, and multi-disciplinary stakeholders to establish texture and material workflows.
- Create high-quality environment materials both for man-made and organic assets, especially terrain.
- Contribute to creating Benchmarks for various asset types and define workflows and processes for obtaining the best results possible.
- Create base material library for use in asset creation.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Material work.
- Strong knowledge of PBR techniques and material authoring.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Zbrush, Substance Suite, etc.
- Great understanding of art fundamentals and design principles
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with photogrammetry and using scan data in your work is an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.