Master Thesis - Data Visualization
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
29 days ago
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognize that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
We are currently looking for a Master Thesis student to work on “Data Visualization”.
What we expect (thesis details)
- Game-teams have up to 0.5Tb of data that we work in. This data is a mixture of traditional asset (images etc.) and logic (visual scripting) which make up the game. It is a real challenge to keep this organized and measure the quality of it since it contains a visual scripting language. As part of the Thesis you will focus on exploring ways of refactoring/reasoning data to facilitate operations on it. This could involve everything from data visualization of data types/patterns, diff-tools, historical data, complexity measurements of scripting. You would need to research and compare different games, visual language analysis etc.
What we look for
- Experience working in C++, C# and Web-Programming
- Interest in the science of data visualization and being familiar with these concepts
- Experience in some hobby game development is useful but not required
Good to Know
- This internship is unpaid and temporary employment. The Master Thesis needs to be associated with a Swedish University education or any other type of education that has a Master Thesis in the education plan.
- We are unable to provide relocation services for this role, and hence can only consider candidates already residing in Sweden.
- The Master Thesis is intended to start late January 2020 for a duration of 20+ weeks.
What we can offer you
We constantly aim to push the limits of what is possible to achieve in our games, and by doing your internship at DICE you get to be a part of industry-defining work as well as help create the next generation of immersive video games.
Did we mention the free massage, studio activities and all the fruit you can possibly eat? Doing your internship here at DICE has never been more exciting!
Are you interested?
Please apply online with a CV and cover letter. You may be asked to perform a work assignment during the hiring process.
We look forward to receiving your application!