Marketing Strategy & Growth Manager, Activision Blizzard Esports
10 days ago
Team Name:Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues
Job Title:Marketing Strategy & Growth Manager, Activision Blizzard Esports
Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) is seeking a star marketing manager who has an eye for seeing the bigger picture and strategically thinking about how fans engage with product offerings. The person in this role will work closely with the Director of Global Marketing and Growth to help design, structure and execute world-class marketing programs that establish our two esports leagues – the Call of Duty League and the Overwatch League – as premier global professional entertainment experiences. The marketing manager will focus his / her attention on growing the audience for our products (with Call of Duty League as the main focus) around the world and aligning our KPIs with our creative executions. He / she will communicate and collaborate with stakeholders across the entire company – from game developers to product leads to producers and engineers – to map out key narratives and messages across the calendar year and coordinate how marketing programs across channels align to those messages.
The ideal candidate is a problem-solver, a self-starter who takes initiative beyond the paper job description, and is willing to roll up his / her sleeves and engage with people around the world to create better outcomes for our marketing programs. We need someone who is organized, creative, works well with others, and has a strategic eye – an ability to step back from the day-to-day product and evaluate / optimize things on a weekly, monthly or semi-annual basis.
This is a full-time role that is remote for the time being, but will eventually be situated in either Santa Monica, CA or New York, NY.
- Contribute to and manage the development of integrated marketing communication strategies and programs across multiple platforms and multiple leagues simultaneously
- Help execute our marketing strategy in a way that ties objectives to key results
- Work closely with peers and senior leaders across multiple teams (e.g. Product, Brand Marketing, Production, Paid Media, Web & Mobile, Partner Marketing & Revenue, PR, CRM) to align on global frameworks and key messages across all of our platforms
- Manage a robust marketing communications calendar that balances our initiatives and programs while maintaining a focus on messaging and KPIs
- Communicate how all elements connect in a clear and compelling way, with regularly shared updates to the most senior levels of the company
- Keep a close eye on our competitors and the gaming community at large, as well as other media networks and content creators, to help inform and influence strategic planning efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in consumer marketing / advertising, ideally with some background in sports, video gaming, entertainment, or consumer products
- Outstanding communications, presentation, and influencing skills
- Independent, strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Strong analytical skills and background, with ability to use data to power marketing decision-making
- Ability to mix creativity with strategic thinking, and demonstrate strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment