This job might no longer be available.
8 days ago
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have successful games marketing experience, industry connections and strong analytical skills with the ability to be an advertising visionary with a real passion for games. Our Marketing Manager is a key part of our team, so the right individual is expected to collaborate with others, and understand the functions of the different disciplines of a game studio. We are a vibrant workplace and pride ourselves on creating high quality innovative gaming experiences.
Who you are: You are a games marketing expert with 4+ years of industry experience. You can confidently and creatively market games and have a proven track record of success. You are familiar with and can run User Acquisition campaigns for mobile titles, as well as running campaigns for PC products. You love the industry and are excited to work with an independent studio. You know when and where to advertise, what will give the greatest ROI’s and who to contact in the media. You can create and analyze marketing plans making changes according to trends, research, and data. Lastly, you are results driven and take pride in your work.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Oversee ongoing analysis of campaigns making changes where necessary to get the greatest ROIs
- Provide marketing research, data analysis and trend research
- Create and manage marketing communication strategies for public relations, advertising, social, web, and event presence
- Articulate marketing plans that synchronize and connect marketing activities (UA, social, influence, partnerships, featuring)
- Aware of market changes, identify best practices from any source and deploy them when/where relevant to make sure the work of the studio stays relevant to the market
- Help create and monitor user acquisition plans and campaigns
- Work with the production team and the producer to prioritize announcements and releases aligned with marketing plans
- Develop systems to track and report on marketing activity with clear KPI’s, ROI’s
- Write reports on successes and failures of marketing campaigns, track marketing initiatives and competitor statistics
- Liaise with media, individuals and organizations to market product
- Write, publish and manage PR content, publicity for the studio and individual games
- Work with management on marketing strategies for the studio
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with our publishing partners regarding marketing initiatives
- Help ensure smooth and efficient working relationships with partners
- Previous experience in the gaming industry as a marketing manager
- Thorough understanding of advertising standards
- Experience in the online space: social media channels, forums, websites, IRC etc
- Experience working with development teams
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with strategy or free to play games an asset
- Experience working and communicating with external teams & studios
- Proven ability to motivate and influence for a greater marketing impact
- Experience in UX, UA
Please Note: Candidates must be local and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.