** This position is a Hybrid position that can work remotely most of the time in CA and is expected to come to the office only when it is needed.**
GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese gaming company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. We publish titles across multiple platforms ranging from AAA to handheld to mobile. Our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry who are brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Marketing department, whose responsibilities can include paid media marketing, influencer marketing, creative asset creation, PR, events, and community relations. The Senior Marketing Manager will work with the VP of Production and Game Development and producers to create marketing plans for major releases or game launches.
What you’ll be doing:
Marketing & PR Management
- Work with the VP of Production and Game Development and the producers to create marketing plans for releases and game launches.
- Work with the Influencer coordinator to plan and execute influencer marketing.
- Work with the communication coordinator to plan and execute on PR.
- Work with the Creative Manager to ensure all creative asset needs for all the games are managed.
- Work with community managers to manage the company’s SNS accounts and other communications with the users.
- Work with agencies to execute on paid media plans.
- Create reports and proposals pertaining to the promotion of our games.
- Plan and manage trade shows and events with the help of other departments.
- Vet vendors and agencies to execute marketing and promotion plans.
- Work with development teams to understand the concept for the game, to create a common strategy for promoting the game to potential players.
- Help with reaching out and forging relationships with potential partners, vendors, and collaborators.
- Manage employees working in the department and is responsible for the hiring, growth, and management of employees within the department.
- Manage the quality and productivity of artists and designers that report to this position
- Review and approve all proposals, content, assets, and work ahead of completion.
- Check and approve timecards of the subordinates.
- Collaborate with product teams to provide feedback on game builds.
Other & Miscellaneous
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties that are assigned .
- Travel on business or works beyond normal work hours when necessary.
- Help evaluate and critique potential titles from external developers.
Qualifications / desired experience:
- Must have 3+ years of experience in the same or similar position
- Ability to keep current on top grossing games and to understand market dynamics and impacts on business forecasts.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and deliver results
- Ability to use data to develop and measure marketing campaigns
- Excellent Excel skill to analyze data
- Strong communication with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Ability to understand the cultural difference in the parent company
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in leading and managing the marketing team
- Passion for games!
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We’re in a startup phase so we have a highly collaborative, playful, and laid-back culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. Everyone is a true specialist in his/her own field so you will constantly learn new things from your fellow coworkers while sharing your own knowledge with them.
- 100% employer-paid insurances: Health insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Life insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance, and Long Term Disability insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off: Vacation, Personal time, Sick Leave, Holidays, and Winter Breaks.
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.