Marketing Manager - Project Team
London England United Kingdom
11 days ago
Assigned to the Strategic Project Team as a Regional Marketing Lead.The role requires a Regional strategic leader and creative thinker who is experienced in marketing & leadership, and with a strong passion for the games. You will be responsible for building the Regional strategic plan, within a Project Team of Regional Marketing & PR Leads, working with international stakeholders across various disciplines.
- Work with the Western Strategic Lead to prepare Western Strategic Plans, which you will brief to the Territory Marketing teams.
- Build Regional Strategic plans aligned to the Western Strategic Plan with input from the Territory Marketing teams.
- Define the Regional Marketing objectives & communicate the measurable goals for achieving them, to drive awareness, purchase intent and ultimately conversion to sales.
- Set measurable Regional KPI’s.
- Aligned with the Western Strategic Plan & Local Territory requirements, the Regional Strategic Plans would be created by working with the Regional PR for event strategy, Influencer, Social & Community teams for strategy input. These plans will include clearly thought out consumer acquisition, retention and win back strategy.
- Collaborate with Retail and Digital Sales to incorporate their plans into the Regional Strategy.
- Determine & execute any local consumer research that may be needed, in collaboration with the Central Consumer Insights team.
- Determine Regionalspecific creative requirements, working with the internal Creative Services Studios and external agencies.
- Evaluate and integrate territory go to market plans.
- Manage Regional-level Partnerships. Territory Partnerships to be managed by the Territory Director.
- Set and manage Regional Marketing Budgets, in collaboration with the Territory Marketing Director.
- Use and apply consumer and data research to demonstrate ongoing player engagement and measure campaign effectiveness/ROI.
- Organise project kick-offs with Territory teams.
- Stakeholder Management
Work in a diverse group of cultures with both internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Western and Japanese Development Studios
- Cross Functional teams
- Territory marketing and PR teams
- Lead regular market check-ins with Territory teams to drive campaign adjustment and results.
- Support Western Strategic Lead and Functional Manager with ad hoc requests as and where required.
- In conjunction with the Regional PR Lead, deliver Regional Strategic Plans that include:
- Regional Goals & KPIs
- Forecast & Budget Allocation
- Paid Media Strategy
- PR, Influencer, Social & Community Strategy
- Retail Strategy
- Regional Creative Needs
- Consult with the Western Strategic Project Lead on Western Strategic plans, and with Territory Marketing Directors on Go-To-Market plans.
- Perform a post-mortem analysis following a product launch.
- Work with External Creative agencies and internal Creative Services Studio to deliver needed campaign assets to desired standard & quality on allocated titles.
- Regional Partnership agencies management & execution of regional partnership activities, if necessary, for the campaign.
CMO, Executive Directors, Marketing Directors, Square Enix Japan Marketing & Publicity, Development Studios, Western Strategic Lead, Territory marketing teams, Cross Functional teams.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience of Regional strategic planning and executing game, relevant entertainment, or technology marketing campaigns, having worked on game projects previously.
- Experience of working across multi-disciplinary departments and international markets including, Europe, Australasia, North America, and Japan.
- Experienced in communicating with and presenting to a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Good project management capability.
- Ability to brief, manage & modify campaigns across touchpoints to excite and engage consumers.
- Experienced in tracking campaign results via previously agreed measures.
- Experienced in writing detailed briefs and presentations.
- Degree level of education or equivalent, and/or CIM qualification.
- Knowledge of the Western games market.
- Understanding of game development, experience within a development studio.
- Keen interest in and knowledge of video games.
- Interested in and knowledgeable about technology.
- Additional languages a plus, but not compulsory.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Strong team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Self-motivated and pro-active – taking ownership of projects to drive them forward.
- Good business acumen.
- Shows passion and excitement about entertainment, keeping up to date with developments and trends.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home. Valid passport to enable international travel, where necessary.