Marketing Manager - Live Services
London England United Kingdom
16 days ago
Working within the EU Marketing team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for delivering and executing high-level marketing programs to drive user acquisition, win-back and retention, and to keep a player-focused mindset on all activities created.
- Build and execute effective Go to Market campaigns in coordination with the Senior Marketing Manager.
- Build innovative marketing campaigns that engage & acquire players, grow the player base and drive ongoing campaigns throughout the Live Service.
- Be the key contact for media-buying agencies to manage outstanding data-driven marketing campaigns and provide reports with insights, analysis and learnings, as well as creative needs.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to evaluate touch points in the customer journey, while improving tracking to measure ROI and KPIs with efficiency.
- In conjunction with the Senior Marketing Manager and the Regional Strategic Leads, create strong product positioning, target audiences and messaging relevant to support the local Go to Market Plan.
- Work with the following teams (PR, influencer, social media, owned channels, trade marketing, sales) & external partners to ensure all plans are co-ordinated, complimentary and deliver against agreed KPIs.
- Develop the influencer strategy in collaboration with the Influencer Relations Team and the local PR team, that resonate with players and be up to date in the latest influencer and industry trends.
- Conceive and execute community and events plans in collaboration with local teams and the development studios across the business.
- Manage approvals of marketing activities with stakeholders.
- Champion allocated title both internally and externally.
- Under the Leadership of the Senior Marketing Manager, manage the territory marketing budget for all allocated titles, ensuring costs are fully and accurately tracked & reported.
- Support Senior Marketing Manager with ad hoc requests as and where required.
In conjunction with the Senior Marketing Manager deliver Go to Market plans that:
- Deliver on product unit and revenue goals across the full lifecycle of the product
- Be data driven with defined KPIs across disciplines
- Maximise return on investment through judicious use of the marketing mix
- Stay within agreed budgets
- Be S.M.A.R.T., with specific focus on developing effective marketing metrics to gauge success and build future learnings
- Perform post-mortem analyses following key marketing campaign milestones
Management of territory agency roster, as required.
Work with External Creative agencies and internal Creative Services Studio to deliver needed territory campaign assets to desired standard & quality on allocated titles.
Partnership agencies management & execution of local partnership activities, if necessary, for the campaign.
Marketing Director, EU Marketing Director, Executive Director SEE Marketing, GM EU Commercial & Publishing, Sales team, PR Team, Influencer Relations team, Distributor Partner, Project Teams, Finance Department, Creative Services Studio, Analytics team, Community teams.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A good experience of planning and executing marketing campaigns, especially in digital marketing with a results-driven mindset
- A gamer with a strong understanding of players’ expectations to create the best and most relevant plans, as well as experience and knowledge of game as a service product
- Very good project management capabilities and planning, with good knowledge in online tools to save time and work efficiently
- Excellent at writing presentations with strong attention to details
- Proven experience in planning and managing community engagement programs
- Significant experience of marketing/management.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the different requirements for European or International markets and have prior experience of delivering to different local territory needs.
- Experienced in delivering innovative above-the-line promotional activities, with an active and evolving knowledge of promotional opportunities, technology and trends.
- Good and confident communicator/presenter, with proven ability of working effectively across a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Must have previous experience within the computer games industry and/or other entertainment-based industry.
- Strong project management capability.
- Experience of working to KPI’s.
- Degree level of education or equivalent, and/or CIM qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of the Western games market.
- Prior experience marketing games in the ANZ region, ideally MMORPGs
- Understanding of game development, experience within a development studio.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Holistic outlook – able to think and operate both creatively and commercially.
- Open and engaging - able to effectively manage the receipt, sharing and implementation of input and feedback within an international, multidisciplinary game team.
- Motivating and energising – able to influence the marketing plan to demanding timelines.
- Tenacious and creative - able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Organised and diligent – with good time management and proactive communication.
- Attention to detail - particularly with the creation and management of briefs, plans, reports, budgets and schedules.
- Responsible and self-motivated – able to take ownership of projects in order to drive them forward, demonstrating by example.
- Shows passion and excitement about entertainment, keeping up to date with developments and trends.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home. Valid passport to enable international travel, where necessary.
- Keen interest in and knowledge of video games.
- Interested in and knowledgeable about technology.
- Additional languages a plus, but not compulsory.