Marketing Manager, Community and Player Experience - Overwatch
10 days ago
Team Name:Community Development
Job Title:Marketing Manager, Community and Player Experience - Overwatch
Blizzard is seeking a Marketing Manager, Community & Player Experience, to develop integrated campaigns that drives community engagement and builds retention with existing players. This is someone who has a deep understanding of what is required to grow and engage player communities – collaborating with creator networks, putting the player at the center of their thinking -- and will be responsible for driving Overwatch player retention strategies. Additionally, they will be leading a team of community professionals required to meet the needs of the product and community.
- Oversee player retention & community management strategies and programs for the Overwatch franchise, establishing clear objectives and goals for player engagement and retention.
- Understand the player lifecycle and lead publishing efforts to reduce churn, building campaigns that address different segments across all marketing touchpoints.
- Foster open communication between the Overwatch community and the Overwatch development team, championing important topics and ensuring a strong connection between both groups.
- Develop & manage various community programs -- building relationships with influencers, leading affiliate & advocacy programs, and measuring performance for continuous optimization.
- Manage and monitor community sentiment and leverage qualitative and quantitative insights to inform franchise strategies
- Collaborate with Consumer Marketing and Creative teams to manage and execute live-game campaigns – identifying target audiences and objectives, facilitating and guiding regional execution and measuring performance across the Overwatch ecosystem.
- Provide guidance to a team of community associates with clarity and empathy.
- 5+ years’ experience leading and managing community teams and retention campaigns on major consumer brands and/or entertainment franchises
- Strong analytical skills and experience leveraging data to optimize programs and test new ideas
- Demonstrated track record managing major community programs at scale, including new channel growth, developer communications, influencer activations, and content creator initiatives
- Mastery of various communication channels and experience in developing strategy, understanding audiences and establishing key messages for each
- Pro-active planner comfortable working across multiple, complex and highly matrixed workstreams
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- Proficiency with Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint, Sprinklr, Wrike
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Examples of written work and/or past community programs they are proud of
**Only submittals with the above three materials will be considered.