Marketing Lead, Emerging Franchises
7 months ago
Job Title:Marketing Lead, Emerging Franchises
Job Title: Marketing Lead, Emerging Franchises
Reporting To: Director, Product Management, Emerging Franchises
Department: Activision Publishing – Emerging Franchises
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the Marketing Lead, Emerging Franchises, you will partner directly with the Product Management team to ensure product strategies, brand and company objectives are met in all consumer facing marketing assets. You will also be the driving force behind the brand strategy, creative development, and execution of content across a multitude of online platforms. You will be responsible for driving all marketing initiatives, interfacing with our development partners and creative agency partners. You are a resourceful project manager with the ability to think ahead while managing multiple titles, and also contribute to all aspects of go-to-market plans from strategic to tactical. The ideal candidate will also be a digital native with a strong grasp on social platforms and strategies relevant to reaching and engaging player communities.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Strategy & Planning – Develop and manage global marketing plans, creative executions and production process of all communication vehicles including: paid media, trailers, visual identity, packaging, trade, media integrations, events, social and CRM activities.
- Agency Management – Lead creative briefings; partner with external agencies to identify product creative strategy and ensure all communications materials deliver against that strategy; lead day-to-day management of external creative agency partners.
- Project Management – Drive project management pipelines for overall schedules and deadlines, manage approvals process, and manage asset needs and distribution to cross functional teams, including regional teams.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Communicate and motivate cross-functional teams around a single strategy; collaborate with development studio teams on go-to-market strategies and creative asset development; coordinate with key Commercial/Sales teams on marketing programs, retail/online merchandising and sales materials communication; partner with Supply Chain to meet packaging deadlines, product distribution, and COGS objectives.
- Digital - Lead social media strategy development and execution for Emerging Franchises titles across various social platforms including, but not limited to: Discord, Reddit, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Reporting - Drive digital marketing reporting, insights and delivery through the use of social listening, analytics and CMS tools including Netbase, Spredfast, Tubular.
- Brand Partnerships - Work with external brand partners, developing and executing co-branded campaigns.
- 5+ years of brand marketing, digital marketing, creative agency or similar experience, preferably from gaming (console, PC, or mobile); entertainment; technology; or consumer products.
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs.
- Experience in Video, Packaging and Online Advertising either agency-side or in-house.
- Proficiency in leading or working alongside Paid Media or User Acquisition campaigns.
- International marketing experience a plus.
- Passionate about games and gaming communities. Understanding of the latest gaming systems and industry trends.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Appetite for all things digital and social, up to date on the latest platforms and technologies, as well as a desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement.
- High degree of comfort managing multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, or similar preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.