Marketing Insights Intern
8 days ago
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
WHAT WE NEED:
2K is looking for a hardworking and self-motivated Marketing Insights Intern to work cross-functionally with the Brand and Performance Marketing, Analytics, Growth, and Creative teams to develop a deeper understanding of our gaming audience through data-driven insights and market research.
You will focus on collecting marketing campaign and consumer data from various channels, analyzing consumer segments, organizing and analyzing historical marketing data, and partnering across 2K to optimize marketing strategy and campaigns to better align with audience needs and behaviors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyze consumer segments to optimize the consumer lifecycle and close the loop between marketing insights and actions
- Partner with internal and external research teams to identify, summarize, and communicate consumer trends in the gaming industry that will affect marketing teams
- Work collaboratively with our Brand and Performance Marketing, Growth, Analytics, and Creative teams to gather audience and campaign data to analyze consumer data and optimize marketing strategies and budgets
- Collate, organize, and analyze all relevant marketing and business data to resolve what has and has not worked in historical marketing campaigns
- Analyze internal 2K customer data to develop the estimated size of potential consumer segments and seek opportunities for improved targeting and conversion
- Build and distribute presentations, reports and/or dashboards that summarize the development and ongoing optimization of budgets in a clear and precise manner
- Partner with Analytics to understand the relationship between different campaign factors/attributes and sales to support marketing budget decisions and recommend test scenarios to drive business growth and innovation in marketing
- Identify optimization opportunities across marketing channels and work closely with marketing managers and agency partners to implement these opportunities
- Develop hypotheses of how and why marketing investment tactics impacts sales, CPA, and ultimately marketing budgets
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Enrolled in a college, university, or trade school at the time of internship
- Possess knowledge of consumer marketing metrics and standards, and comfort in working collaboratively to drive sophisticated marketing tactics and analyses.
- Able to independently form and communicate hypotheses and feel comfortable taking ownership to partner with teams in pursuit of answers
- Creative problem solver with passion and enthusiasm for driving results