Job Description: Marketing/Brand/Communications Director
~ The Studio
Compulsion Games is a first-party game studio and subsidiary of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios, located in Montreal, Canada.
Founded by industry veterans, we have a human-first culture where we trust and respect each other, with shared love and passion for our craft. Our games have won praise for their art, music, world-building and engaging narratives. We are devoted to building experiences that feel unique and handcrafted and our programming team is here to make sure our content creators and designers are as creative as they can be.
We aim to create characters with compelling, human flaws and narratives that explore heavy themes with care and empathy. Our storytelling typically has a healthy dose of darkness and comedy thrown in for good measure.
~ Our Culture
Compulsion Games is a quality-led studio with a humble team that enjoys experimenting with an artistic approach to making games. We like to hire people who are drawn to our core values of trust, autonomy, harmony and craftsmanship and share our vision of a studio built around them. As a team, we do not want to grow too big in order to stay true to these values as they don’t scale well.
Our team is passionately committed to both diversity and accessibility, core values throughout the Xbox Game Studios group. Therefore, a core part of our hiring process is ensuring new hires are well-aligned in order to build a harmonious team and company. We care deeply about our team and their well-being, so you’d be joining a close-knit group of creative people.
~ The Role
The Marketing Director will be in charge of all of our marketing initiatives in the studio and liaise with our Microsoft marketing team. The incumbent will drive marketing strategies for each of our game launches, develop campaigns for our projects and strengthen our employer brand and overall visibility.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Work closely with our team to fully understand the projects we are making in order to establish a clear marketing strategy that aligns with the game and studio brand,
- Lead all logistics related to promoting our games pre-launch as well as analyzing success post-launch,
- Strong understanding of marketing principles, and knowledge of how to apply them in the context of video game development,
- Lead our PR & community management initiatives to help establish marketing objectives and necessary KPIs related to brand and studio awareness,
- Able to organize and present player/consumer insight, marketing campaign effectiveness & clear marketing plans,
- Partner regularly with our Microsoft partners to ensure branding and marketing initiatives are aligned,
- Oversee and validate marketing materials, including communication plans, brand art, logos, trailers, web site, banners, ads and any assets that will be shared publicly;
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Knowledge and passion for video games
This is a full-time position, with full salary and studio benefits based in our new Downtown location, by Atwater Metro station. Since Covid-19, we have permanently shifted the studio to a hybrid, or full-time remote working setup for employees, providing you are already based in or willing to relocate to Canada.