Marketing Data Engineer
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Marketing Technology team at PlayStation is hiring! We are looking to fill a new Data Engineer role, focused on optimizing and building our marketing data infrastructure working alongside a wide variety of data, product and business teams.
In this role you will build, lead, and scale SIE’s Global Marketing Infrastructure team that sits within the highly agile and passionate Global MarTech team responsible for building the core of Marketing Data Science to support all PlayStation products and services globally.
You will play a vital role in shaping and evolving the way that we communicate with our players across the globe as gaming and customer experience advocates to show that Play Has No Limits.
Role: Marketing Data Engineer
Location: San Mateo
Who you are:
- 5+ years working experience as a data or software engineer in a fast-paced growing company
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Excellent SQL and Python knowledge strong hands-on data modeling and data warehousing skills and experience in transformations orchestrated through technologies such as dbt/cloud dataflow would be a plus
- Strong experience applying software engineering standard methodologies to analytics (e.g. version control, testing, and CI/CD)
- Power-user and specialist in building scalable data warehouses and pipelines using some of Cloud tools such as Snowflake, AWS, Google Cloud, Cloud ETL tools such as Databricks (Spark/Azure)
- Solid experience with ETL/ELT and scheduling tools (e.g. Talend, Airflow)
- Experienced with data visualization tools and packages (e.g. Looker, Tableau, matplotlib)
- Familiarity with customer, marketing and/or web data (e.g. Salesforce, Google Analytics, AdWords, YouTube etc)
- Strong attention to details to highlight and address data quality issues
- Self- starter, motivated, responsible, innovative and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member
- A proactive problem solver and have good communication as well as project management skills to relay your findings and solutions across technical and non technical audiences
- Bonus points : Passionate about gaming and the digital entertainment industry
- Work closely with data/business analysts to understand business requirements
- You will be leading efforts in crafting high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses
- Write sophisticated yet optimized data transformations in SQL/Python using dbt or similar technology
- Schedule data transformation and analysis pipelines using Airflow
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources
- Apply advanced aggregations and data wrangling techniques such as imputation for predictive analytics
- Work with wide range of tech stack at various levels such as Snowflake, dbt, Airflow, Fivetran, AWS, Spark, GCP Env:BigQuery, Cloud Composer, Cloud Dataflow etc
- Build and own SIE’s 1st party ID graph
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.