5 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What you will do
Psyonix is seeking a Marketing Coordinator as part of the studio Marketing team, to work on Rocket League and future projects. The role includes assisting in the management of Go-to-Market plans, 1st party support, 3rd party partnerships as well as direct coordination with social and influencer marketing managers. The role also includes collaboration with cross-functional publishing teams including Creative Services and Communications - including a focus on facilitating the production, approvals and execution of marketing tactics.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the Marketing team and support all approved initiatives. Translating marketing objectives, schedules, and KPIs to attainable goals for the Publishing and Development teams.
- Ensure Go-to-Market programs are seamless, efficient, and visible to cross-teams, ensuring documentation is up-to-date.
- Facilitate weekly reporting, data collection and high-level analysis to drive post-mortem discussions and actionable next steps.
- Help create and own schedules, jira tasks, coordinate reviews, and resolve workflow obstacles for marketing assets
- Coordinate paid, social and influencer schedules, asset approvals and versioning for creative assets, including localization.
- Manage marketing team meetings and ensure agendas are clear. Records meeting notes in confluence and translates them into a coherent list of action items.
- Manages relationships with external partners and acts as a key communication point between external and internal teams. This includes, working with 1st and 3rd party groups, licensors, partners, and agencies on various initiatives.
- Collaborate with studio producers and internal stakeholders.
- Champions the vision of initiatives, and the subject-matter expert for the current status, to other team members.
What we're looking for
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 1-3 years of marketing experience.
- Prior experience working with Marketing, Creative Services/Media teams, Licensing and Communication teams.
- Prior experience working with external publishers.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Smartsheet, or other bug tracking and gantt scheduling software.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and display strong problem solving skills.
- Has solid interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Positive attitude and passion for making games.
- Understanding of global marketing
- Is familiar with eSports or plays games that are highly competitive.
- Understands game industry trends and history within a specific genre and how it might affect current studio initiatives.
- Previous experience on a "Game as a Service” or session-based game titles