Located in Southern California, GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese game company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Publishing titles across multiple platforms ranging from console to handheld and mobile, our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
During this Covid-19 pandemic, we are following CA State and LA county orders and temporary working from home. Candidates may apply and work remotely at this time, but will be expected to move to Los Angeles at such a time when it is deemed safe and permissible by CA State and LA county.
This position is responsible for assisting with the coordination of marketing strategy and best practices across all titles, with the objective of supporting internal cross-functional teams while helping execute all marketing objectives. The Marketing Coordinator will train to become a proficient facilitator and communicator, and gain experience with social media and marketing concepts. Job duties also include collaborating with the Marketing, Community, Product, Development, and Customer Support teams to ensure the quality and development of the games’ success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in developing strategies for maintaining player engagement through the use of social media, customer support, events, and marketing promotions
- Support Marketing team with tracking deliverables, overseeing vendors, preparation of documents, conducting research, and updating calendars
- Assist creation of go-to-market strategy plans, brand guides, and forecasts for all products
- Work together with internal and external teams to develop key messaging for all products
- Assist all GungHo America marketing strategies, programs, and initiatives
- Support advertisement-related initiatives such as TV commercials, Internet-driven ads, & traditional print ads
- Report on the state of the community using established documenting methods, relevant metrics, and KPIs
- Evaluate and advocate new programs and campaigns that elevate and reinforce GungHo’s positioning
- Monitor & maintain budgets in support of managers
- Perform daily research on players’ feedback on every products’ initiatives, news stories, press releases, community feedback, and updates
- Act as secondary liaison for event-based vendors for tracking, reporting, and deliverables
- Manage GungHo corporate, brands, and product-driven websites with upkeep, updates, and maintenance
- Be a face of the company by assisting in official livestreams
- Contribute the creation and editing of high quality, engaging video content
- Utilize appropriate video editing or livestreaming software to work with production teams to create compelling videos and livestreams
- Work with partners and production team to ensure quality raw gameplay footage for marketing assets
- Manage outside vendors for GungHo for any corporate, brand, or product-driven physical goods including giveaways, merchandising, charitable items, and media advertisements, along with related to staffing goods
- Assist external and internal PR strategy
- Oversee and assist press events (e.g. trade shows, conferences, community gatherings, etc.)
- Attend major trade shows, conventions, & events as representation for GungHo
- Help to prep spokespeople for media and other public-facing opportunities
- Build out the GungHo PR database with Communications Coordinator
- Edit images according to the needs of stakeholders and good design practices
- Edit and proofread text to ensure a high standard of quality is met before deploying messaging
- Edit localized text or assist in translation to be submitted to Marketing team
- Assist in development of Community team guidelines, standards, and processes
- Collaborate with product teams and management to help report KPIs and data for user acquisition campaigns
- Assist with influencer outreach, research, data tracking and reporting, and talent management
- Collaborate with product teams to provide feedback on game builds
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties that are assigned by upper management
- Travel on business or works beyond normal work hours when necessary
- Proof & archive contracts, NDAs, and many other legal documents
- Manage GungHo marketing team file server upkeep, updates, and maintenance
- Regularly research the latest ideas and techniques in video production, and editing for gaming to maintain innovation and growth
- Work with management to written and verbal translation of Japanese documents to English and English documents to Japanese (i f you are a Japanese bilingual).
Qualifications / desired experience:
- Must have video editing experience for between six months to one year of experience
- In six months to a year of marketing, PR, communications, or other relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Well-versed writer and communicator.
- Ability to keep current on top grossing games and what makes them successful.
- Proven track record of generating results in a data-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong writer with great attention to detail.
- Japanese bilingual is a plus.
- Passion for games!
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We have a highly collaborative and playful culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. We are all specialists in our own field so you will constantly learn new things while sharing your own knowledge with us.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 6 days of sick leave and 5 days of personal day per a year
- 10 days vacation for the first year