This job might no longer be available.
Motion Graphics Designer
San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
Kongregate is a leading game publisher, web gaming destination, and the owner of the Kartridge PC gaming platform. Our mission is supporting the growth of independent game developers and player communities. We are focused on building a safe place for everyone to share their passion for games.
What started as a small team of gaming evangelists has grown into a thriving business with over 110 employees across 4 offices: our headquarters in San Francisco and 3 satellite offices in Portland, Chicago, & San Diego. A subsidiary of leading international digital entertainment group, MTG, we are a tight-knit team of gamers that works hard and plays harder, all while maintaining sustainable work hours.
Our mobile games, including the idle genre-defining AdVenture Capitalist and collectible card game Animation Throwdown, have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times.
We are looking for a motivated Motion Graphics Designer with the ability to create a broad array of video content and static assets for the game across our mobile portfolio. You will work with a variety of existing art assets, in different file formats, and transform them into dynamic, compelling marketing creatives. As a Motion Graphics Designer, you will create everything from video trailers, playable ads, static advertisements, animated gifs, and mobile store assets. You will need to be able to take direction as well as feedback and make the adjustments that meet the creative needs of the company as well as maintain a high level of quality. You will work closely with the Senior Marketing Artist to achieve marketing goals, adapt quickly to changes and overlapping deadlines while maintaining a strong work ethic and an efficient workflow.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Marketing Artist, game producers and other team members to create a variety of video creatives and marketing assets.
- Concept and build out all of the store and marketing assets for a single game title working within the defined artistic style of each game.
- Juggle multiple projects and game titles with aggressive timelines.
- Help to develop, set, and follow standard production practices.
- Design A/B creative tests and iterate on design based on results.
Basic and Preferred Qualifications (Education and/or Experience)
- BA/BS degree preferred, ideally in Motion Graphics Design, Animation, or any related field. Alternatively, an Accredited Associate degree is required although a portfolio of work demonstrating a comparable level of education may be accepted.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of Motion Graphics Design/ Video Creation.
- Have a portfolio demonstrating a range of relevant work.
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities
- Expert design skills, including the effective use of color, composition and typography.
- Proficient in After Effects and Photoshop (Illustrator and Animate is a plus).
- Expert ability to meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- Able to meet demanding, evolving and frequently overlapping deadlines.
- Ability to complete design projects quickly, as needed, to ensure that the department's production objectives are achieved.
This position is for our San Francisco or Portland locations,
employment a possibility. To apply, click here
or use the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.