San Francisco CA US
4 days ago
Kongregate is a leading game publisher, web gaming destination, and the owner of the Kartridge PC gaming platform. Our mission is supporting the growth of independent game developers and player communities. We are focused on building a safe place for everyone to share their passion for games.
What started as a small team of gaming evangelists has grown into a thriving business with over 110 employees across 4 offices: our headquarters in San Francisco and 3 satellite offices in Portland, Chicago, & San Diego. A subsidiary of leading international digital entertainment group, MTG, we are a tight-knit team of gamers that works hard and plays harder, all while maintaining sustainable work hours.
Our mobile games, including the idle genre-defining AdVenture Capitalist and collectible card game Animation Throwdown, have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times.
As a Marketing Artist you will be responsible for working within the defined artistic style of each Kongregate game to create a variety of marketing assets and video content including but not limited to: trailers, screenshots, game icons, gifs, and a variety of ad formats. You will be:
- Transforming existing art assets in different file formats into dynamic, compelling marketing creatives.
- Working closely with the Senior Marketing Artist to define priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Concepting and build out store and marketing assets for a variety of game types.
- Helping to develop, set, and follow standard production practices.
- Designing A/B creative tests and iterating on design based on results.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to iterate on top performing advertisements.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced designer with the ability to manage tight deadlines in a high stress environment. What you should bring to the team:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design required although a portfolio of work demonstrating a comparable level of education may be accepted in substitution.
- 2+ years graphic design experience, agency or design studio preferred.
- Working ability to create a wide range of digital assets: motion graphics, static images, promotional art, etc.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Working ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- Proficient organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Working ability to respond favorably to frequent feedback, including multiple and potentially conflicting revisions.
- Experience with Motion Graphics required.
This position is for our San Francisco or Portland locations
. To apply, click here
or use the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.