11 days ago
The Franchise & Community Team aims to establish, maintain and expand the Horizon brand. This includes looking after the community, marketing, public relations, licensing and all franchise building aspects of the Horizon brand. The team also looks after the Guerrilla studio brand and culture.
As a marketing artist you will be responsible for creating high quality AAA competitive screenshots and other marketing materials for Horizon Forbidden West. This requires a full understanding of graphic design, composition, lighting, character posing, basic animation principles and all aesthetic sensibilities required in creating industry competitive marketing visuals.
You will also be working directly within the game engine and its tools to access content to capture and transform into marketing assets. This brings you close to the game’s production environment and therefore also requires an interest in game development.
We are looking for people who have a strong passion for games and creation of marketing content, that have great social and communication skills and a positive, team player mentality.
Any applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.
What you will do
- Under the guidance of art direction, you will compose high quality AAA screenshots and character renders for marketing campaigns;
- Designing marketing graphics, as well as responsive multi-device online marketing assets for web, social, and mobile;
- Transfer key marketing initiatives into high quality consumer facing visuals;
- Create promotional assets for the community, streaming overlays, motion graphics and video thumbnails included;
- Posing and rendering of characters and game elements;
- Product variations, resizing, optimisation of existing library;
- Reviewing usage of brand assets, polishing presentations and collating new requests from the team.
Who you are
- Degree or equivalent in 2D graphic art and graphic design with 2+ years working experience;
- Strong background in traditional/fundamental art principles including: excellent color theory, layout, typography, visual hierarchy, composition, lighting, and realistic character posing skills;
- Familiar with Maya (or a leading 3D modeling package), Photoshop able to learn new tools, and artistic methods;
- Ability to create eye-catching, engaging, visual designs for game-related marketing campaign;
- Keen eye for capturing dynamic screenshots of in-game “moments”;
- Ability to create high resolution renders employing dynamic lighting and posing and minimal yet refined retouching;
- You have an online portfolio with examples of work relevant to the position;
- You’re fluent in English and possess strong communication skills;
- Willing to relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Passion and experience working in video games;
- You have extensive knowledge of Horizon Zero Dawn;
- Knowledge of 3D software and video editing tools;
- Detail oriented, curious, willing to innovate and explore constantly.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Riem Halawani (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) through email@example.com.