Marketing Art Manager
5 days ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
This role is a part of our Track 3 team which focuses on early development projects with RPG and/or 3D combat elements. As an Art Manager in Creative Marketing with a focus on creative strategies on our Track 3 team, you'll work with the creative and performance marketing teams to continue to develop the highest quality marketing content to capture an audience for our new games. With your excellent communication skills, you will have the ability to maintain partnerships with external vendors. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary internal teams and external vendors to manage priorities, maintain pace and quality, and bring clarity to the production process .
What We’ve Recently Accomplished:
- We successfully launched Episode in 5 new languages and scaled marketing campaigns across multiple ad networks
- We built out new ad creative formats, helping us connect with new players
- We refined our methodology to increase our chance of launching hit games
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate production of high-quality marketing assets using a combination of internal resources and external vendors and contractors.
- Create and manage a schedule and workflow through all phases of marketing asset development based on the top level marketing goals/priorities.
- Pitch creative concepts and collaborate with the creative team to optimize the top ideas.
- Develop insights from research that inform and fuel creative brainstorms.
- Proactively research industry trends to support the creative team in building new ad opportunities.
- Monitoring industry trends for the creative team (mobile gaming and social) and share findings on a regular cadence.
- Support the creative and performance teams with all production needs.
- Develop a strong understanding of performance marketing metrics/goals and use that understanding to evaluate and improve all marketing assets’ performance.
What You Bring to Creative Marketing:
- At least 3 years of marketing experience.
- Outsourcing reviewing and communication experience.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Sharp critical thinking skills.
- Production management experience required.
- Previous experience managing external vendors.
Extra Gems For:
- Passion for mobile gaming.
- Deep understanding of best practices in mobile marketing.
- A strong eye for art and design.
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values . We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.