Marketing Art Director - Japan - マーケティングアートディレクター(Bilingual)
3 days ago
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Art Director to help lead the Marketing Art art team, guiding an extremely talented team of designers who are known for exceptional creativity. The ideal art director will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and project management expertise to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients. You will be working with internal game artists and outsourcing studios to grow games from concept art to full production. We are looking for an experienced manager, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
- Develop and oversee the development of beautiful, fun ad experiences and associated marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
- Manage and help crow a team of talented Marketing Artists.
- Create marketing plans, aligning team priorities with business goals to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget.
- Work across multiple styles, using existing game art and original illustrations and animations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the marketing team to generate out of the box ideas that will push our marketing art to the new heights!
- Study and evaluate market trends, marketing reports, consumer needs, the competitive landscape, and track campaign performance.
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use.
- Oversee the marketing art department by assisting with hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff.
- Establish marketing art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service.
- 8+ years creating compelling concepts and ads for games.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Great concept art skills with an eye for composition, color and attention to detail.
- Excellent teamwork skills and responds well to artistic direction but gets the work done with minimal supervision.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business goals.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with a growing distributed team in multiple time zones.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- Knowledge of Flash, After Effects and/or 3D modeling software is a huge plus!
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.