Manager of Data Science
6 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
As a on the Analytics team, you lead the Marketing Analytics group for Wizards of the Coast. You will work closely with Marketing leaders to analyze complex problem spaces and recommend data-informed solutions. Your leadership will help us reach our goal to be the best analytics team in the gaming space.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, develop and lead an amazing team – Build and mentor a top-notch team that delivers outstanding analysis that shapes the entire business.
- Drive analytic features – Work directly with the Marketing team to build amazing campaigns and measure them. In the competitive landscape of gaming, we need your expertise to help us level up our brands.
- Promote analytic standards – Work together with our Sr. Producer to build team processes that guarantee quality analysis, every time. Don’t work harder; work smarter by setting high standards on the analysis that impacts the business and automate any routine work.
- Develop your own lines of inquiry– Use your passion and insights of Magic to ask new questions and frame new opportunities with your analysis and statistic skills. Design experiments to answer targeted questions.
- Craft analytics strategy with Wizard’s leadership team – Educate and collaborate with departmental leaders to improve decision making across the company.
What You'll Bring:
- 2 years of work experience managing a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain data concepts and models to business leaders, as well as business concepts to data scientists; able to push analytic goals to executive leadership.
- Proven record of effective leadership; building a team and consensus; implementing projects across disciplines; working ethically and with integrity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structure; information systems/tools, and related software and data management; enterprise content management, and record-keeping policies and practices in a sophisticated organizational environment.
- Experience with data science fundamentals, predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in SQL language (Postgres, TSQL, etc.), Python or other analytic programming languages
- Prior experience working on or with a Marketing team
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.