Manager of Business Development
16 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Come create the future of multiplayer entertainment at Twitch! As a member of Twitch's BD team, you'll leverage industry acumen, your existing network, and hustle to create new business initiatives across strategic B2B partners.
To support our growth, we are looking for an accomplished, motivated, and data-driven Business Development Manager with experience building relationships, formulating creative deal structures, and closing complex, first-of-a-kind partnerships. You will report to the Senior Director of Business Development and will manage Twitch channel partnerships including opportunities in social platforms, telecommunications, consumer products, payments, and more so you must be able to navigate almost any industry or sector. You will support the global strategy, build a pipeline, and implement opportunities alongside the marketing, content, and sales teams. You are forward-looking, strategic, and able to close deals that benefit Twitch communities while navigating support across multiple teams.
- Independently identify, source, and close high impact partnership agreements with non-gaming companies (e.g. Consumer Brands, OEMs, Telecommunication companies and other digital services that are repeatable and scalable). This includes developing strategy within a sector by applying relevant data points to make informed decisions and bring important internal team members onboard from initial negotiations through execution to ensure successful long-term partnerships.
- Lead multiple engagements simultaneously over a variety of business categories including commerce, digital media, mobile, advertising, and web services from sourcing to go-to-market. This includes driving financial modeling, legal engagements, co-marketing discussions, and appropriate internal reporting.
- Explore new business categories with an opportunity assessment and then build external partner relationships quickly. This includes working backwards from both companies' goals such as understanding their business needs , visions, and strategy of our new partners and the teams you will represent.
- Articulate sophisticated product vision and strategies to both internal and external partners by providing relevant insights to our teams based on customer feedback and data analysis.
- 5+ years Business Development, Consulting, Marketing Partnerships or Go-To-Marketing P&L management experience in Media & entertainment, gaming, telecommunications, technology, or consulting
- Experience generating new business from sourcing to closing large strategic deals independently
- Worked within a highly entrepreneurial culture
- Top tier Academic degree
- Creative deal making experience
- Open to travel 25% time post pandemic
- Passion for Twitch communities
- Cross-border / international experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW7045
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.