Manager, Visual Design - VALORANT
2 months ago
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on VALORANT you will develop and execute visuals to support new content and products in and around the game, with a focus on implementing UI assets. You will collaborate with Producers, Artists, Designers and Engineers across the product. You will report into the Manager of Visual Design Art.
- Manage, prioritize, and establish the advancement of the visual design team’s set of deliverables
- Solidify and reinforce the UI art style across all aspects of development
- Ensure that the work of the team follows quality standards and set project deadlines
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues and provide recommended solutions
- Motivate and develop the team members and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects.
- Manage and track the career growth of each character artist on the team with regular coaching sessions
- Serve as the main point of contact for the project’s visual design team
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in visual design or UI art for games
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in a management role for senior developers
- Professional experience shipping at least one AAA game title
- Professional experience working on a live game and supporting it after launch
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize team work in the context of given timescales and quality requirements
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.