Manager, UX Design (Media)
17 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, UX Design (Media)
San Francisco, CA
Define the future of gaming & digital content distribution on the PlayStation platform.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and improve your abilities? Do you want to be responsible for the experience from concept through implementation? Then join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platform.
As Manager of UX Design for Media Experiences at Playtation, you play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district you will partner with a cross-functional team of product managers, researchers, writers, engineers, and business partners to ideate and craft experiences that both delight our users and define the next generation of media experiences.
As part of the larger SONY design community, you will be part of a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization.
An ideal candidate possesses passion, dedication, and skills vital to deliver best-in-class products and experiences. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accountability for the UX design quality across the Media experiences
- Build and execute design strategies based on brand guidelines, business goals, and user needs
- Hands-on design and co-create new products with your team
- Communicate and build consensus on a strategy across design and cross-functional teams
- Partner with UX research, content, product management, and engineering to ensure alignment throughout the process
- Engage in planning and prioritization discussions to ensure appropriate resourcing
- Support growth of the design team through continuous feedback and mentorship
- Consult with external partners to ensure the PlayStation brand and UX standards are upheld
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design-related studies is required; portfolio demonstrating 5+ years of interaction design, user experience, and visual design work
- Experience designing for 10 ft experiences for video content (e.g. Apple TV, Roku)
- Experience working with music and video content service providers
- Previous management experience with the ability to set a design vision for the team and across business units
- Proven experience in developing designers and help raise the bar across design organizations
- Knowledge working within the agile software development processes
- Deep experience working within a technical environment that includes both hardware and software
- Solid knowledge and/or interest in new technologies in web, mobile, VR and other devices
- Extensive experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Deep passion or knowledge of movie, television, music, and video game services
- The ability to speak, write, or understand the Japanese language
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.