Manager, Technical Accounting & Revenue Recognition
1 month ago
Job Title:Manager, Technical Accounting & Revenue Recognition
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Manager, Technical Accounting and Revenue Recognition is a critical role in the corporate controller & accounting office as well as the worldwide Finance Team. Overall, the responsibility of this role is to (1) support the Sr. Manager of Technical Accounting & Management reporting to ensure that we have complied with all accounting requirements under US GAAP, with a special focus on revenue recognition and the application of new accounting standards to support our emerging business models, (2) ownership of the preparation of our GAAP forecast to support quarter close, and (3) help establish, develop and maintain Company’s revenue recognition policies and procedures company wide. The individual will work closely to partner with the business units across the company to ensure a deep understanding of our business activities and results, address accounting and finance related issues and developments, and will have close interaction with the financial reporting leadership team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Perform technical research and consult with management and the external auditors to ensure that proper accounting treatment is applied and documented for all revenue transactions, including unusual and non-recurring transactions
- Analyze Revenue results vs forecast and prior year
- Support the Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting and Management Reporting, and work closely with the financial planning team to develop GAAP forecast
- Work closely with the revenue GL teams to ensure accurate application of accounting policies
- Work in partnership with business units to provide support and guidance for potential new business models and revenue streams
- Consider implication of new accounting pronouncements on our current policy and standards and provide support on the adoption of such standards
- Provide training to accounting, finance, and business teams on new and existing accounting standards, as relevant
- CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum experience of 4 to 5 years with one of the Big 4 accounting firms and/or commercial experience at the Sr Accountant or Manager level with a strong track record of technical accounting and research
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills and ability to work with complex models
- Strong US GAAP and accounting skills required, most notably in revenue recognition, with the ability to convert technical research, interpretation into a practical solution
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking with the ability to analyze financial results
- Team player with experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders to effectively drive results
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of SEC / external reporting
- Broad background in dealing with different companies and issues
- Experience in software and licensing revenue recognition
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.