Manager, Tax Operations
1 year ago
Job Title:Manager, Tax Operations
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Activision’s Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The Manager, Tax Operations will join a strong corporate tax operations group that is an integral part of the tax team at Activision Blizzard. The Manager will play a key role in helping the team with day-to-day tax operations functions such as worldwide income tax provision, Federal & State income tax compliance, tax controversy and other projects, as required, to support business partners and department needs. This position will also interact with key finance, accounting, and other business partners across Activision Blizzard. We are seeking a self-motivated quick learner and results-oriented team player with strong organization and project management skills. This person will report to the Director, Tax Operations.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Key contributions to quarterly and annual income tax accounting workstreams, including preparation and review of consolidating and stand-alone tax accrual calculations, tax account rollforwards, rate reconciliations and analysis of uncertain tax positions.
- Coordinate with Finance to monitor business forecasts and evaluate related implications to legal entity results to analyze and maintain effective tax rate and cash taxes forecasts, including maintaining related sensitity analysis.
- Assess income tax accounting implications of transactions, restructurings and other changes in business profile.
- Identify, assess and implement process improvements in tax operations to optimize income tax accounting and compliance processes.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the U.S. Federal and State income tax and franchise tax compliance.
- Assist with the preparation and review of quarterly Federal and State estimated tax payments.
- Special projects and tax initiatives.
- Tax research and documentation of tax accounting and other tax technical matters.
- Coordinating tax matters with external advisors.
- Results-oriented self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Strong organization and execution skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and accelerated deadlines in a fast-paced, informal work environment.
- 5+ years of Corporate Income Tax Experience in Public Accounting and/or Private Industry with a meaningful income tax accounting (ASC 740) experience and proven track record in business tax compliance.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting.
- OneSource and Alteryx products experience is a plus.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.