This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Systems Engineering - Wild Rift
7 months ago
As a Manager of Systems Engineering on Wild Rift, you will oversee the deployment, management, and improvement of the infrastructure and services running the game. You will lead the development of the team. You will work with the engineers on your team to set the team's technical agenda, with a focus on improved automation and operational efficiency. You will work with the Manager of Live Operations for Wild Rift and other teams to improve live processes, reduce downtime, and ensure that faults do not recur. You will help bridge gaps between other teams, both technical and nontechnical, both inside and outside of Riot.
You will oversee operational excellence of the game. You will have the technical knowledge and passion to achieve that excellence. You will report to the Head of Technical Operations for Wild Rift, making sure you and your team have the resources, training, and support necessary to be successful.
- Lead all parts of team development, including recruiting, training, and management
- Establish SLOs/SLIs for our services. Create strategies to achieve them
- Ensure that system, service, and network capacity supports current and expected demand
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values
- Build relationships across the Engineering discipline, including personally and for the team
Required Qualifications :
- 5+ years of Technical Operations experience supporting live 24/7 services including building, deploying, securing, monitoring, and fixing systems at scale
- 3+ years as an engineering manager leading teams
- Understanding of Linux systems at scale on cloud platforms
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and application security including identifying security problems and addressing potential threats
- Knowledge of and experience with software development lifecycle
- Experience supporting game infrastructure
- Experience with containerized services
- Mandarin proficiency
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.