11 days ago
Job Title:Manager, Strategy
The Manager of Strategy position is a unique, critical, and highly visible leadership role at Activision, the team behind Call of Duty and other award-winning titles.
This position plays a key, active role managing projects independently and with more junior team members on a high caliber team driving Activision’s strategy for Call of Duty and a slate of other key franchises. The successful candidate will support the team’s effort in formulating title and franchise strategy, ensuring that the business is identifying opportunities and delivering against key strategic priorities.
The successful candidate is an independent, analytical, and intellectually curious individual who can structure analyses and strategies and articulate findings to wide range of business stakeholders, while grooming a team of highly talented individuals toward leadership roles within the Company.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Business Unit Strategy & Team Leadership
- Provide project management and analytical leadership in our expansion in existing and new segments, including analytical initiatives such as go-to-market strategy for existing business and market entry options for new businesses
- Source and execute projects that aid in developing Activision’s and COD’s franchise strategy, our position on new initiatives / technologies, and provide novel approaches to opportunities facing the organization
- Develop relationships with key senior leadership in the organization, including game studios and central functions.
- Actively help manage the project pipeline for the Strategy team
Strategic Project Leadership
- Manage and drive a portfolio of 1-3 key strategic projects with end-to-end ownership, proactively identify issues and solutions, manage cross-functional and cross-BU teams and resources, and drive alignment across a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Leverage industry experience to build insightful industry trends and market forecasts in gaming across all relevant platforms and business models to develop implications for Activision and our game franchises
- Own the analysis resulting from operating company databases with relevant internal data, market research, and industry estimates, train junior team members on good data hygiene
- Ensure organization is optimized to deliver against strategic priorities by analyzing game studio resourcing capacities and central team structures
Project & Stakeholder Management
- Partner with game franchises and other functional stakeholders on projects, providing strategic framing and analytical support, to better inform decision making
- Prepare presentations and provide analyses and recommendations to senior leadership
- Develop a deep understanding of how our game franchises operate, the markets they play in, their strategic priorities and potential opportunities
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or MBA, with 5+ years of work experience, ideally through a combination of strategy consulting / investment banking, and strategy experience at either a consumer technology or gaming company
- Strong academic track record
- Proven ability to lead teams in a fast-paced environment and groom high-caliber talent on an accelerated career trajectory
- Track record of successfully managing complex cross-organizational and cross-functional projects and processes
- Ability to develop deep trust-based relationships and influence different stakeholder groups directly and indirectly
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills
- Self-starter and comfort with ambiguity; must be self-directed and proactive starting day 1 on the job
- Persuasive communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences
- Broad network and deep passion for interactive entertainment and technology as well as a willingness to play video games