Manager, Sound Design - Legends of Runeterra
3 days ago
As an Audio Lead, your logistical, creative, and technical skills will combine to create sound for a broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using your passion, creativity, and critical thinking you will help guide team decisions and provide valuable feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
As an Audio Lead on LoR you will be responsible for helping drive the creative audio direction for the game. You will help develop and execute the audio vision, strategy and products for major features and areas of development. Also as one of the leading members of the Audio discipline, you will collaborate with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features. Your work will help establish and push the quality bar of the product, and your peers will learn and improve from your innovation in process.
- Collaborate with and manage outsourced audio content and implementation teams
- Create work proposals for one or more initiatives including headcount, time estimates, and delivery / quality targets
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Create sound design, voice-over processing and audio integration that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the product
- Develop and execute the audio vision and strategy for a major piece of content, new feature or area of development.
- Collaborate with initiative/product leadership to establish specific sound design, voice over and music goals and objectives
- Define and manage audio objectives, goals, timeline, etc. for their content team or product
- Bachelor’s degree in Audio/Music Engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience designing key audio systems, including multidisciplinary planning, audio middleware implementation, and results validation
- Professional experience with sound design of creatures, ambience, spells, UI, notifications and other audio features
- Professional experience with testing and debugging implemented sounds within engine
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (DAWs, plugins, synths, etc.)
- Knowledge of audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, Miles, etc.)
- Experience building audio architecture
- Wide experience in various game engines
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).