Manager, Software Engineering
11 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Job Summary: The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for the ongoing development of the Pokemon.com platform. This position works closely with the rest of the Software Engineering, Test, DevOps team members, and other stakeholders within the company in creating innovative solutions to complex business problems. This position requires the constant exercise of discretion in prioritizing work, growing and mentoring the team, and solving complex technical challenges.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Manage up to 4~5 Software Engineers within the larger Software Engineering department
- Provides direct supervision to skill-based contributors and EMPOWER individuals to proactively identify issues, problem solves, etc.
- Ensure new features in specific company website (s) and/or software project(s) are implemented efficiently, correctly, and on time.
- Partner with other managers to identify strategies to increase confidence in building stability, scalability, performance, quality, frequency of releases, etc.
- Work with stakeholders and project managers to prioritize and schedule all changes for the projects.
- Empower team members to document and communicate designs and interfaces for use by other engineers specific to the projects
- Actively invest in team members by creating individual development and career plans. Foster growth by creating and allocating different project opportunities and assignments to individual contributors.
- Build a skilled team with a clear charter for the group and individual goals for each team member.
What you’ll bring
- Min 2+ years of management or technical lead experience
- Min 6+ years of combined experience in the following:
- Building and maintaining CMS or API-driven services used in multi-tiered, scalable web platforms.
- Strong understanding of content management best practices, site performance optimization, OOP, design patterns, and continuous integration processes.
- Experience with a complex system or platform migration project.
- Experience with implementing and supporting an enterprise CMS platform.
- Experience with content localization on modern web platforms.
- Experience with AWS services, containerization, unit test frameworks, and Test-Driven Development preferred.
- Experience with Agile Methodology preferred.
- BS Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent working experience.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $144000.00 - 218000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: EN.SOMF.M3
Internal Job Profile: Software Development Mgmt (M2)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.