This job might no longer be available.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you have strong technical abilities, outstanding communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve outstanding results? We are looking for an experienced
Software Engineering Manager to define an engineering vision and build software for the next gen PlayStation Console.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support software that provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- You will create a solid development plan by collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams such as Product Management, Program Management, UX/UI Design, and Server teams and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Help identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
- Lead day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Collaborate with team members from other locations including Tokyo
- You have built and led high performing engineering teams
- You are experienced in building and managing complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
- 10+ years of experience in Software development
- 3+ years as a Development Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Experience in maintaining a production service
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.