Manager, Software Engineering, Unity ID
4 days ago
Unity powers over half of all games and over two thirds of all VR and AR products. We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we do that by putting the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists.
We need a skilled engineering manager to orchestrate their team’s charter of modernizing our identity services that are at the core of everything we do. You’ll build alignment with partners across many departments to drive & communicate the development & delivery of critical software. Your passion for building, growing, and empowering people into phenomenal teams will position the org for both tactical and strategic success in a foundational space.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a feature team of software engineers passionate about delivering high impact solutions
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with internal partner teams at Unity
- Invest in the career growth of your team members
- Be as a technical leader in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
What we’re looking for
- An informative approach to people management and growth that emphasizes continual improvement and long term success
- The ability to context switch across the delivery needs of multiple customers and partners needs and requirements
- An obsession with quality outcomes
- Excellent understanding of design patterns, architecture, and failure modes of highly available scale services
You might also have
- Experience building Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems
- Knowledge of Go, Java, Postgres, etc
- Experience working in GCP, AWS, etc
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.