Manager, Software Engineering - League, Game Engine
2 months ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As an Engineering Manager on the Engine Capabilities Team within the League Game Development Platform, you will be responsible for the staffing and guidance of the team's engineers. The Engine Capabilities team’s goal is to increase the capabilities of the League Engine to unlock game teams’ enhancement of the player experience.
You’ll report to the initiative’s Senior Manager. You will guide individual contributors on their long journey of career development while collaborating heavily with other teams and disciplines to ensure that our work improves game teams’ ability to build amazing content for our players.
- Staff, manage, mentor, lead, and cultivate a team of 5 to 10 software engineers
- Support your team by working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads
- Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team
- Mentor software engineers, building career paths with them to help meet their goals
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills and staff needed for our goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering working on teams that ship business-facing software
- 6+ years of game or game engine development experience
- Experience with C++
- Experience shipping software on multiple platforms
- Experience with various game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience working on multiple game development pipelines (build, animation, VFX, environment)
- Experience with Vulkan, Metal, and DirectX rendering APIs
- Experience developing in game UI
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.