Manager, Software Engineering, Console Tech Lead - VALORANT
2 months ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for bringing the VALORANT experience to console players by building and leading a team of engineers focused on the console experience. You’ll work with existing VALORANT teams to manage dependencies and help us convert VALORANT to a multi-platform studio. You’ll also serve as an advisor to other managers, supporting plans to improve organizational design and structure.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here !). As a Software Engineering Manager on the VALORANT team, you will help Riot continue to build and deliver our exciting entry into the FPS genre. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build systems and features to support VALORANT’s development team. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to our Platform Extensions Engineering Manager.
- Build, manage, and lead a team of engineers working to bring the VALORANT experience to consoles.
- Create, review, and reframe an engineering vision with the team and key stakeholders including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with other VALORANT teams to ensure we build VALORANT as a multi-platform game in a sustainable manner.
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale effectively.
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity, and passion for game making
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Playstation or Xbox development.
- Experience developing in Unreal Engine
- 2+ years of C++ or other low-level code experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.