Manager, Software Development, Unity Metacast
15 days ago
Unity's newly formed Sports Division will transform how the world engages with sports, and how content will be built, streamed, and played in the next decade!
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our hardworking team. In this role, you will draw upon your past experience working with all aspects of people management and software development including planning, dependency management and execution, to help define the new standard for 3D interactive streaming experiences.
Using real-time volumetric streaming, Unity Metacast is redefining how fans experience and interact with their favorite sports while empowering broadcasters, leagues, coaches, and players to engage with fans in exciting new ways. We believe we are at the forefront of the biggest change in sports entertainment since the advancement of color TV!
What you'll be doing
- Manage a team of experienced developers and be responsible for people management as well as cultivating talent and growth
- Unblock obstacles, collaborate with partners and empower developers on doing their best work
- Work with developers to provide technical design and architecture that enables the efficient and scalable streaming of volumetric video content.
- Ensure that all perspectives are heard, and create a diverse and inclusive environment to allow the best ideas to win and for the team to innovate, learn and succeed
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a Development Team Lead or Manager of Software Development, coordinating small to medium sized teams working towards a common goal
- Experience using cloud platforms to create highly scalable solutions
- Empathy for the unique challenges developers face building and maintaining online experiences
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop team members, lead by example and build trust and solid relationships
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills with a desire to work with, listen to and understand people (English is our primary language)
You might also have
- Experience with building and scaling video or audio streaming platforms
- Experience with building interactive VR or AR experiences
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.