Manager, Software Development, Quality
26 days ago
We are Accelerate Solutions, an innovative team building custom software for a wide range of clients! Our professional services team works across multiple platforms incorporating groundbreaking technologies like XR, robotics, machine learning and IoT. We work on a diverse range of business verticals including games, automotive, retail, manufacturing and entertainment.
We’re seeking a dedicated Quality Engineering Manager, with a breadth of experience to focus on all aspects of improving Quality through technology. You will deep dive into diverse projects, applying your many years of experience towards architecting and implementing test automation systems, improving our quality and development practices. Your work will directly impact the solutions we develop and the teams building them: as a Quality Engineering Manager, you will be the day-to-day technical pillar for a maturing Quality Engineering team, tackling ambitious problems, and leading as a hands-on manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Technical leadership of a quality team to design, build, deploy and maintain easy to use, high quality testing apparatus, including both unit and automated integration tests, all powered by a CI/CD system, to enable the rapid development of high quality applications
- Improve the quality of our solutions by carrying out improvements to the team’s development environment, workflow, pipelines, and overall quality culture
- Work closely with quality developers, quality analysts and devops to analyze code and bugs to resolve their source and create improvements and tests to ensure the bug does not reoccur
- Build automation frameworks to drive the validation of Unity-based applications, across desktop, mobile and web, and Cloud-based services
- People management of quality developers, pulling together a team with multifaceted strengths
What we’re looking for
- Professional experience building automated or unit tests including knowledge of one or more automated testing systems, off-the-shelf or custom
- Comfortable building tools using a variety of programming languages, passion for driving quality via both deliverable solutions, as well as fostering of high standards in code design and implementation
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code and reusable code
- Familiarity with Unity based applications and web based technologies such as React and RESTful APIs
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment, guiding and mentoring a team of quality developers
You might also have
- Experience working with or developing testing or CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Background with automated testing for Unity based applications
- Familiarity with developing automated testing using a device farm or device cloud
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.