Manager Software Development Engineering
18 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a technical leader with the vision & determination to help level up our live game service?
Magic the Gathering: Arena is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to help run multiple engineering teams who build and maintain live game systems! In close collaboration with Product Owners, designers, and other specialists, you’ll be one of the main drivers of decisions within the team.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Engineering Leads of several squads of software developers, while setting the direction of the technology of Arena.
- Strategically plan the future development of our games.
- Craft solutions for Magic Digital in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team and help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise on production environments
- Responsible for encouraging an environment of code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Experience managing a team of engineers, providing mentoring and technical direction for project related tasks.
- Strong communication and teamwork with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Proven understanding and experience working on client/server architectures.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.