Manager, Software Development, Emerging Technology Team
15 days ago
We are the Accelerate Solutions Emerging Technology team! We are a team of senior technical experts that partner with AAA game studios to help them make ambitious games while simultaneously improving Unity's technologies.
Our team is growing! We would love to welcome a Software Developer Manager to the team who will guide, grow and develop a new team of technical experts who will craft a product that will allow the Unity Editor to operate as a framework for other game engines. In collaboration with our Core teams, your mission will help empower creators and deliver high-quality products while improving the Unity Engine and Editor for millions.
As the Manager, Software Development, Strategic Technology, you will have the ability to impact strategic plans, projects, our products, our users' happiness, and team member satisfaction. You will also enable your team, cultivate talent, deliver results, and collaborate working towards alignment across our teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a group of developers and technical artists to build fully functional and innovative enhancements to the Unity Editor
- Collaborate with core technology, product management, and architecture teams across the Unity organization
- Design, craft, and develop features, workflows, or tools to replicate the most sophisticated features of industry game engines
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives to help improve systemic problems
- Recruit and support the growth of team members.
What we’re looking for
- Experience managing a team of multidisciplinary technical experts
- Experience with a broad range of video game development areas
- A deep proficiency in C# and C++ with extensive experience maintaining or working with proprietary or commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, etc.
- Experience democratically working with cross-functional internal and external teams including core and central technology teams, senior and executive leadership, clients and partners
- A cultivated understanding with in-depth experience driving the game development lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices.
You might also have
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A deep understanding of the challenges of real-time 3D, including scalability and performance
- Experience managing a remote and distributed team.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.