Manager of Security Operations
20 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Manager of Security Operations to join our IT/Ops team in Spain or Portugal on a remote basis!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.The IT/Ops team keeps everything behind the scenes running smoothly and we make sure all teams are equipped and connected - whether across the office or halfway around the world. AV struggles? Don’t worry, we’ve got this.
What You Will Do
In this role, you will be partnering with the organization in creating a state of the art security operations function that will allow the Company to detect and neutralize the most advanced threats that might affect our games or infrastructure. As a technical leader, you need management experience as well as technical expertise as this is a hands-on role responsible for activities including investigation of malware attacks, deployment of new platforms, and maintenance of tools. This role also requires collaboration and engagement with game teams, information technology, business partners, and vendors. You should enjoy working with an international team, embrace a fast-paced environment, and champion teamwork.
- Develop a security operations strategy, roadmap, and program for Scopely including building out a team, on-boarding new platforms, identifying automation opportunities, and developing service level agreements
- Lead daily operations of security operations, including managing analysts and relationships with service providers
- Improve the ruleset, playbooks, and reduction of false positives
- Report to Scopely leadership the performance of security operations through the establishment of KPIs, including operational and risk-based metrics
- Coordinate, analyze, and escalate security incidents in partnership with vendors, business units, game teams, and partners
- Investigate malware artifacts in response to incidents
- Coordinate network scans to cover the perimeter and internal networks
- Assist with coordination and provide input into incident management plan activities
- Lead the remediation, vulnerability, and patch management across Scopely
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience working in a security engineering/operations role, ideally in a cloud-first organization
- At least two years of experience acting as an incident handler
- Previous experience managing people as well as relationships with both internal teams and third-parties
- Experience with threat intelligence, data breaches, and leaks detection platforms
- Deep understanding of network security, malware, APTs, and vulnerability management
- Extensive experience setting up, managing, and fine-tuning SIEM products (i.e., Splunk, QRadar, AlienVault, Sumologic)
- Experience in open-source and proprietary SOAR deployments such as TheHive, MISP, Cortex, etc
- Experience running network and vulnerability scanner tools such as Qualys, Nessus, OpenVAS, Nmap, etc.
- Extensive experience with cloud service providers: AWS, GCP, Azure are highly preferred
- The ability to manage projects within deadlines and adjust quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills
- Experience with tools such as Lacework, Crowdstrike, Jira, Snowflake, Kibana
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GSOC
- Understanding of frameworks and standards such as NIST, OWASP, SANS Institute Critical Security Controls, ISO/IEC 27001/2, as well as international privacy regulations
- Development and/or scripting abilities
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.