Manager, Security Engineering - Information Security, Product Security
1 month ago
Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we proactively support teams across Riot to develop robust security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to help deliver value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
Our Product Security team makes it easier to securely build, deploy and maintain the experiences that players enjoy. As a team we ensure that cloud, bare-metal infrastructure and code are deployed and maintained in a secure manner . We focus on developing tools and providing guidance to ensure that security and privacy by design is the norm. Our deep knowledge of both the technical detail and player impact of security vulnerabilities helps us communicate potential issues to Rioters and improve the security of the player experience.
This role will report to the Sr. Director, Security Engineering.
- Level up security engineers around them in software and security engineering, technical best practice, and team collaboration skills
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges
- Stay closely connected to the tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working closely with your team's technical lead
- Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their Product Security needs
- Grow the team through hiring and construct an efficient onboarding process for new team members
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- 5+ years of experience in a product security role
- 2+ years of experience in a people management role
- Experience securing highly scaled products
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.