This job might no longer be available.
Manager, QA Operations, World of Warcraft
10 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Manager, QA Operations, World of Warcraft
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
About the job
We’re looking for an innovative and technically proficient QA Operations Manager with an ability to see the big picture quality goals. You will help guide the team to success through efficient use of QA methodologies, advanced software development processes, and remove any friction that slows us down.
- Measure and report on the performance of a globally distributed team using a data informed approach
- Facilitate and drive agreed upon process improvements
- Identify and mitigate operational roadblocks and inefficiencies
- Evaluate, evangelize, and support new initiatives, technologies, and methodologies that are taking place across the games industry
- Manage the quality of teamwide training and onboarding programs
- Host workshops for QA methodologies, software development processes, and new member onboarding
- Oversee the performance of 3rd party QA Vendors the team partners with
- Facilitate quarterly efficiency reviews, process improvement roadmaps, and related retrospective results
- Facilitate recurring teamwide weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Excellent understanding of the Fundamental Test Process and most common Software Development Life-Cycles
- Builds robust, collaborative partnerships with cross functional team members
- Strong presentation skills with the ability of simplifying complex problems and data sets to develop data-led stories to influence partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities as well as planning, organization, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex problems, leading to developing and presenting recommendations and action plans to senior QA management
- The ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of sophisticated data, and optimally present this to any level in the organization with appropriate visualizations.
- Ability to work optimally and as part of an international team in a fast- paced and matrixed environment
- Strong practical experience in the following or similar tools; JIRA, Confluence, MS PowerPoint/ Google Slides, MS Excel/Google Sheets, Tableau, TestRail
- Passion for video games and software quality
- ISTQB® Advanced Level Test Manager (CTAL-TM)
- A strong familiarization and understanding of World of Warcraft
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.