Manager, QA Engineering
16 days ago
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin was named one of the Hottest Adtech Companies of 2021 by Business Insider, as well as a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Our team members are regularly recognized for their work and leadership, including recent award wins in Business Insider’s Rising Stars of Adtech 2022, Glassdoor’s Top CEOs 2019, and the 2021 Women in Content Marketing Awards.
Our MZ Game Studio is seeking a skilled Manager, QA Automation Engineering to support our ecosystem of testing software and develop automated testing solutions that increase product reliability and improve the safety and efficiency of our development & release pipelines. This is an opportunity to be a Player/Coach.
What you'll be doing
- Maintain our internal test framework and tooling (Python)
- Plan and develop new features and enhancements
- Squash bugs and improve code reliability
- Identify performance bottlenecks and deliver efficiency improvements
- Manage our on-site mobile device farm (iOS and Android)
- Remotely administer the host machine and device management services
- Monitor connected devices and perform upgrades as needed
- Troubleshoot performance and availability issues
- Deliver automated testing solutions across a range of products and platforms
- Work closely with our Quality Assurance team to translate high cost manual test plans into automated test suitesInterface with other teams throughout the studio to identify opportunities where automation can benefit their workflows
- Analyze common failure and regression points in MZ products to drive improvements in safety & reliability
- Integrate testing solutions into our CI/CD pipelines
- Develop a long-term roadmap for automation across the studio
- Manage a team of junior engineers to execute against the project roadmap, and provide mentorship to support their career growth
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- 1+ years managing a team
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Proficient in Python
- Experience developing automated testing solutions using frameworks like Appium, Selenium and Airtest
- Familiar with a range of automated testing strategies (image recognition, UI inspection, performance profiling, etc)
- Familiar with QA testing processes and methodologies
- Experience delivering automated testing solutions across multiple platforms (mobile, desktop, web)
- Prior work experience as a Software Developer in Test or similar role
- Familiar with the iOS and Android development ecosystems
- Experience with full stack web development (react, node.js, PHP, SQL)
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.