Manager, Production - Wild Rift, Cross-Initiative
15 days ago
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate teams to create new products and experiences that achieve maximum player value. We improve development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line. You will be a part of a team that concept, implement, enhance best practices and influence projects at every stage of production. You will report to the production lead for the Cross-Initiative Team.
As a Cross-Initiative Manager in Production working on League of Legends: Wild Rift , you'll be accountable for development best practices between projects and across the product, build work systems and own continuous improvement across initiative teams. The candidate will engage with multiple partnership groups inside and outside of Riot and develop working relationships with experienced developers and experts in the industry. As a producer delivering value across Wild Rift's many projects, you can make sense of complex problems and implement holistic improvements with a service oriented mindset. Producers on the Cross Initiative team will gain experience in strategic planning, change management and collaborating with international partnership groups to deliver value to our player base.
- You are expected to make sense of complex projects and set up a self-sustaining work system or create work systems to hand off.
- You can coach individuals in guiding their daily results.
- You can level the staff and grow your direct reports to fulfill their potential.
- You can be deployed as a strike team into thorny problem spaces with multiple partners and multiple contributor teams, understand the space and build strategic plans to resolve issues - executing the plan, reporting progress, and pivoting or escalating where necessary
- You will work with our teams and external partners to establish goals for your ownership areas.
- You will ensure continuous improvement for cross initiative products or processes for external partner teams and Riot teams.
- You will resolve daily issues within your areas or escalate where necessary.
- Familiarity with a variety of work systems and being able to flex deployment as the situation demands, with the goal of creating a sustainable workflow.
- Be the expert and main point of contact for your designated work scope as described by your manager.
- Report complex problem spaces and execute well thought out solutions.
- Familiarity with program management best practices.
- Experience making mobile games and/or games as a service
- 8+ years of experience in games production.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience managing production staff.
- Bilingual proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.
- Experience working with overseas development teams from China.
- Knowledge of the MOBA genre, League of Legends, or competitive gaming
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.