This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Production - Unpublished R&D Product
11 days ago
As a Producer, you’ll lead passionate, cross-functional teams in creating unique content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll guide development as a servant leader, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players’ hands while elevating the team. You’ll help concept, deliver and improve creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Manager, Production on the R&D team, you will report to the Production Operations Director and work with our developers to lead production efforts in bringing new game products to market. You will partner with developers and internal stakeholders at Riot. You will ensure that the team is set up for success from pre-production to launch and beyond as an essential leader of the development team.
- Lead the team to victory - the buck stops with you, and you take ownership over the team’s health and performance
- Create a learning organization on the team, driving continuous improvement through inspect and adapt practices
- Proactively identify issues standing in the way of success (people, product, process), provide strategies for tackling them, own their resolution and evaluate results
- Guide the organization and delivery of team’s feature work to create a clean, up-to-date work backlog
- Facilitate team meetings and discussions
- Facilitate all team rituals
- Implement a robust work system using Agile methodologies
- Velocity tracking on sprint and release basis
- Sprint / milestone commitment and dependency / risk tracking
- Quality tracking (bug count, bug velocity, subjective quality post ship)
- Track ALL work (planned, unplanned, emergent)
- Keep partners consulted and informed on progress and bought in to discussions as needed for project success
- Encourage collaboration between the team, internal customers, and partners
- Create team product roadmap that expresses the value being delivered (to players or other customers) with Initiative and Game leadership
- Work closely with the product leadership and designer POs to ensure the vision for the product and features is clear, and align the team behind it throughout execution
- Lead product discovery incorporating cross discipline perspectives (such as design, art, and engineering)
- Provide important product feedback and insight to the team and leadership
- Be the advocate for team’s game and decisions
- Champion a player-focused mindset and be the voice of the player
- Review and engage with players through popular channels (forums, events, etc). Understand the pulse of our players.
- Act as a key team member in scaling the team and operations by contributing to the production plans and the recruiting process
- 6+ years of experience as a Game Producer with experience coordinating live and/or R&D games development and operations
- Experience shipping multiple games with production responsibility on important features and content
- Knowledge of First Party timelines and processes
- Experience scheduling and tracking development.
- Experience leading teams through feature development (delivery, post-release support, etc.)
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP etc) methodology implementation/coaching experience
- Experience leading retrospectives, continuous improvement activities and tracking/improving team health
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- A passion & empathy for solving people's problems and building happy, motivated teams.
- Broad knowledge across diverse areas of game-making
- 8+ years of experience as a Game Producer with experience coordinating live games development and operations
- Experience with production tools like JIRA and Favro to track development and create reporting.
- Experience with Lean Agile, Scaled Agile, LeSS, Nexus or other systems thinking approaches to large scale development
- Prior experience as a developer, artist, designer or QA
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.