This job might no longer be available.
Manager - Platform Accounting
9 months ago
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It's where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we're solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. Your role will be an essential opportunity to scale our payouts for our broadcasters. Twitch is scaling its operations and your contributions will make a direct impact to our success. We are seeking an experienced individual with both a vision and drive for operational excellence, standardizing processes and implementing best practices. This role will report to the Senior Manager - Platform Accounting. The ability to solve complex problems with a positive, “can-do” attitude is a must. Essential duties and responsibilities will evolve over time, and out the gate are:
- Support month-end close related to Platform Accounting payment accounts. This includes preparing journal entries, reconciliations, margin analytics, and flux analysis related to content costs.
- Own margin analysis related to creator payments. Work with product teams to identify and resolve upstream data issues.
- Perform operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the efficiency of our content payout process following SOX controls.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- Work with Tax, Legal, Finance Business Integration, and Product teams to provide user requirements and perform testing for projects affecting content payments.
- Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities.
- Perform the daily activities of the payments team including responding to customer service tickets, database queries, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and tax reporting.
- Process broadcaster payments timely and accurately.
- Manage, develop, and train two FTE personnel.
- 6+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company, media and entertainment industry preferred .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization .
- Accurate, detailed, and a love for data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) and unphased by large datasets.
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects. Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
- Systems knowledge of SQL, NetSuite, SAP, and Tableau.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Job ID: TW6120
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.